CTS La Gaillette
Centre de formation
Histoire du club
It dates back from 1979. It is composed of the colours of the club, of a miner’s lamp, of the weapons of the city of Lens, which in 1969 replaced “les Houillières” for the management of the club.
In 2001, we added on the shirt “Depuis 1906” above the player’s name which reminds the date of creation of the club.
After several changes of shirts during the first years, at the end of the year 1923, the Racing club de Lens adopted the definitive colours. One evening, while on a meeting, managers and players of the club went past the ruins of St Leger church of Lens. One of them noticed that those ruins were the last remains of the Spanish invasion. Spain!!!…
The colours of the arena. Red and yellow colours appealed immediately to the president of that time, René Moglia. Players cure the blood and the gold shirts for the first time in 1924, during the opening of the stadium.